The Vampire's Daughter

A story about a young girl named Susan who is taken in by Sabastian, the vampire that killed her mother. New readers should start with Book One.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

0368: The Vampire's Daughter Book IV

“Do you think it wise to come so far into Thomas' territory?” Vein asked.

“No, I do not. But I don't believe he will stop me or try to harm me,” Elizabeth replied. “I will come alone, with you.”

“I have given up my coven to you, pledged my life to protect your child, and now you ask that I risk what I've given to you by sitting idly by as you walk willingly into enemy territory?”

Elizabeth walked over to Vein, who was clearly exasperated. She put her hand on his cheek and said, “Yes that is what I'm asking. And that is what you will do for me. You have given me so much and you will continue to give me more. But I don't ask for things lightly, and you know that. So when I ask, you will give. It is our silent agreement.”

“Well you've ruined the silent part, haven't you,” Vein replied, looking down and smiling. He knew she was right.

The pair left the building through a private entrance after Elizabeth had informed her private guard that she had a secret meeting to attend. Over Jillian's protests, she went only with Vein as a guard.

As they walked across what was the line dividing Thomas' territory from her own, Several of Thomas' men confronted her.

“I don't know what you think you are doing, but you had better turn back before we kill you.”

“You aren't strong enough to kill me,” she said. “Now get out of my way before I am forced to do something you will all regret.”

The three vampires looked at each other, but didn't move.

Vein chimed in, “You should listen to her and send someone off to tell Thomas. He'll know exactly where to find us.”

The guards did as Vein suggested.

Watching them scurry off, Vein said, “Ah youth.”

Shortly after that incident, they found themselves at Sabastian's home.

“Francis, so good to see you,” Elizabeth said, taking the boy in her arms. “Any news of Sol?”

“No,” the boy replied, obviously nervous about being in the vampire's embrace.



[The Vampire’s Daughter: An ongoing vampire story. Copyright Reuben Gregg Brewer, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. All rights reserved.]

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home