The Vampire's Daughter

A story about a young girl named Susan who is taken in by Sabastian, the vampire that killed her mother. New readers should start with Book One.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Reader Reviews of The Vampire's Daughter

Below is a selection of the reader reviews I've received for The Vampire's Daughter. This positive feedback keeps me going with the story. If you like reading the story and see me hit a lull, send in some positive feedback. It’ll be a good kick in the @ss!

Seriously, I have to thank everyone who has taken the time to tell me they like what I’ve written. I do really appreciate it and it really does help to motivate me.

So thank you to all those below…


-----
From F.D. Folk

Absolutly facinating story. The concept is fresh and the characters richly developed; I love Susan and her interaction with Sabastian.
I can't wait to read more. Keep up the great work!

-----
From Gil:

In answer to the question, "What do you think of my vampire story?"

11/10 :)

-----
From Jeff:

I was completely absorbed into reading this story that I decided to miss my 3d modeling classes ;) good work mate, I love the story even though I'm only at 0016, I'll finish reading this when I get home :)

Jeff

From the link at Jeff's site--http://www.blahgasm.com/)

"An ongoing blog, that's actually a story of a girl that is taken in by a vampire. Pretty cool."

-----
From julie:

the plot has thickened...you have me is suspense.. chp 86 is very good..can't wait for more.

-----
From Yosef:

This gets better with every episode. Here comes the nitty gritty.

-----
From Sean:

I love your story

-----
From Amber:

starting to be a "page" turner. love vampire stories. Sabastian will stay the good guy right?
amber [athenmor]

getting more and more interesting. i like.
amber [athenamor]

Thank you two days in a row!!!! I'm always awaiting more. you're a good writer.
amber.

"pretty interesting - i think the story is pretty good. i may not be a very good person to review "The Vampire's Daughter" because i love vampire stories. but i do have to say i'm enjoying it.
By: amber - "
(From Amber's review at blogorama.)

-----
From Creliri:

Great story!

-----
From Adam:

I love this story. More!

-----
From Julie:

"wonderful story...made me smile. haven't done that in a while. thank you"

-----
From sajean:

I am enjoying your story, please keep up the good work.

-----
From Blue:

Really enjoying your story, keep it up.

-----
From Aurora:

the vampire's daughter... an interesting story. I'll have to go back and read more.
I liked what I've read so far a lot.

(From Aurora's blog - http://thisclichelife.blogspot.com/)

-----
From J.D. at madverse.com:

"GREAT concept & writing! I've added your link."

-----
From Ghostdancer at http://wovoka.diaryland.com/:

"...great writing!!!!"

-----
Kaitlin says:

"I Love your story so far it's a wonderful thing to read!"

"This is The BEST story EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-----
Twink from the site Tales from the 23rd:

"great story..."

-----
Jeff From Ghost Land:

"Put a link for you at Ghost Land. Good Story."

-----
From Julie:

You have a great mind. Its pleasing to have something good to read for a change.

-----
From Tommy:

Enjoying the story.

-----
From Jen:

I started the story today and will be caught up and waiting for the next chapters Wonderful Story

-----
From Mel:

I love this story

-----
From
Theb03-Real Vampire:

This story seemed so true. To me... I think it was really unique....:)I hope you
write more on the story!!!

-----
From
Bill Dillard:

This was a wonderful story. One of the best I have read. Are you planning on
explanding it any more?

-----
From Miki:
it is so thrilling to find a story that is more than just gorey vampire, but
mystery also. Please up date as soon as possible i want more.

and

Beautiful can't wait to see if she grows up and what
else my come of this.

-----

From Keoko:

Wow! This is a wonderful story. I was wondering if I could draw it, or at least
a few characters. Please get back to me. ^_^

-----
From L.j Smith:

very good. you should get this published. work on book two - i am dying to read it.

-----
From VampiressFilth:

Interesting story... I like the idea of a vampire taking care of a child.

-----
From j.m. long:

I’ve read a bunch of stories and I really like this one...very good!

-----
From kayleigh:

Loving the story please hurry with the second book I’m dying to read it!

-----
From Alannah:

hey i love yur first book cant wait to read the 2 on try 2 hurry

-----
From elvengurl:

u've been sending me updates & im reading them asap and it getting really
good. you shoulr really publish this i think

-----
From Peter A.:

I am loving the story. Thank you for posting it.

-----
From Mac:

Good book love the story [its] got a new twist in vampire stories that I have not seen in a long time.
Please hurry with the second book. Can’t wait to read it.

-----
From Max:

Just finished book one. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the 2nd one


-----
From WaterMyst:

I love the story. I am an avid reader of vampiric stories,
never have I read one with this perspective and idea.
Looking forward to the next...

-----
From Brad:

Editor Review Posted 08/18/05 - 07:59:18: While I realize that this is a horror story and a little beyond our usual science fiction and fantasy genres, this site contains one whole book already written and a second in progress. The calibur of the writing seems pretty darn good so that I think this site deserves some traffic and readers.

I especially like the way the author added a small forum board for discussion of the story and the chapters and integrated them into the blog. Good thinking there. The navigation is also well done - that can be a problem on many blogs.

Good stuff and high marks both for content and design.

-----
From PhoenixAdept:

Posted Aug 17, 2005 - 06:22 AM:
Subject: Blogfic: 'The Vampire's Daughter'

Okay, I stated a long time ago that I was going to look for and present some
blogfic that is worth taking a look. So, here's the first.

Just a few notes before I dive in. First, I'm not a critic, and I don't like
writing book reports. If I read a good amount of a fictional blog, and
will read more, I consider it noteworthy. So, if it goes into my aggregator, I like it.

'The Vampire's Daughter,' by Reuben Gregg Brewer, is a serialized fictional
blog. It follows the story of a vampire who adopts the daughter of one of his victims. It is
currently in Book 2, and was last updated today (August 16th).

The chapters are very short and to the point; just perfect for frequently updated blogfic.

Excerpt: Chapter 3 of 'The Vampire's Daughter'
A single red tear ran down his face, clinging to his chin momentarily before it let go and fell to the ground forming a perfect crimson circle on the pavement.

"Come, child, I must get you away from this place."

"I want to stay with my mommy."

"You cannot. You must come with me."

He rose, taking the little girl's hand. Reluctantly, and with tears continuing to flow, she followed the stranger as he walked out of the alley.

The interesting thing, and one he would only realize later, was that he had forgotten about the body. He cared more about protecting this woman's child than about protecting himself. For by leaving the body, he exposed himself and many like him to the potential for great harm. But at that moment, these thoughts weren't in his mind.

'The Vampire's Daughter' does do a good job of archiving the first book, and is
easy enough to read from the beginning. It lacks an RSS feed (?); I'm not sure why.

Enjoy!

Responses to the original post:
Posted Aug 17, 2005 - 12:38 PM:
Nice find PA! I think it is impressive that he already has Book I under
his belt and in archive. He obviously has the writing bug and is sticking
with it. Also the site is very attractive and nicely laid out.

-----
From Anonymous Reviewers:

This is a wonderful story. It catches the essence
of the few Vampires that are left. It was off
on a few details, but all and all I give it my praise.
~~~
All I can say is wow, I just got to read the whole thing, and wow.
~~~
The story is awesome and I only read the first chapter.
You should have it published.
~~~
This is a really interesting story, the way it’s capture,
I mostly advice to publish it. It would make a big hit on my scale
~~~
Overall, it was a great piece of writing.
I enjoyed it enormously. At times, though,
the writing almost seemed blocky.
The story kept me hooked. Please
continue as soon as possible.
Thank you for giving me this chance
to read this great piece.
~~~
this is a great story not blocky
at all whoever said that is an ass.
keep up the great work.
~~~
super cool

-----

Tell me what you think!

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that your story is original, heartfelt, and universal. It strikes a cord with the abandoned, the lost, and the faithful, as well as the faithless. Please continue. I just can't get enough.

Friday, November 03, 2006 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the best vampire story ever!!!

Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing author. I am a huge fan of mythological writing. I write alot of stories myself. I have never been a good crytic-2 much of a ppl pleaser- but i must say i am very happy to find a GOOD free vampire story.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home