The Vampire's Daughter

A story about a young girl named Susan who is taken in by Sabastian, the vampire that killed her mother. New readers should start with Book One.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

0354: The Vampire's Daughter Book IV

Sabastian was growing tired of listening to Thomas prattle on and it was beginning to show on his face.

“I can see you grow tired of my talking. Sol never seemed to, I liked that about him. But you are more direct.

“Have you heard about Sol? Do you know what is going on because of him?”

Sabastian knew very little and cared very little, he only wanted Susan back.

“No, I didn't think you knew or cared. But it is important. For starters, it is possible that he has your little girl.”

The chaos of noise erupted from Sabastian's mouth as he grabbed Thomas and lifted him in the air.

“Now, now,” Thomas said calmly. “We'll never find out if you kill me.”

Sabastian lowered him to the ground. He now knew how he would be used.

“You see Sol's is an interesting story. He is accused of killing John Paul of the Zion clan. I'm sure you know this much. He fled to Europe because Paul, John Paul's successor called a blood hunt. Interestingly, Paul seems to have disappeared, too, and is presumed dead at Sol's hand. I can't say I'm sad to see them dead, but I don't believe for a second that Sol is responsible.

“So Sol fled to Europe into the hands of Gan. Do you know Gan?” Thomas asked, knowing there would be no response. “Well, put me down and I'll tell you some more about him.”

Sabastian put Thomas down gently, though his anger was clear by the glare in his eyes.

“Oh, I can see you are angry with me. So I'll get to the point. Gan, from what my sources have told me, called a meeting of the older kings and queens. Including Meredith. I doubt you even know who she is, before your time and all.

“Well, her father was the one who united Europe and then subsequently lost it. His daughter, however, has managed to quietly keep a semblance of control over the continent through a combination of strength and persuasion. This group was brought together to interview Sol. The group has all been killed, but Sol and Meredith are in Siberia together.

“Now, what about that whore Mina? You remember her, don't you?” Thomas paused, knowing there would be no reply, but relishing the moment since he had complete control of the situation. “Yes, you destroyed her coven. But Mina wasn't there, was she?

“When last I saw her, I offered an olive branch that she refused. She was hiding something. I didn't know what. However, I know she was in this country to watch me for her sire. Her sire is one of the four.

“I don't know where Mina has ran to, she is more discreet than Sol and she travels outside of my circles. What I can tell you, however, is that Mary, you remember her? The last of that clan you killed for me,” Thomas mocked Sabastian. “Well, Mary arrived by boat, of all things, in Australia. Now how did she get there and why? We both know she's not strong enough to have gotten there without having been led. She was also a big fan of Mina, or so I observed. And did I mention that Mina's sire is Asian?

Continuing, Thomas said, “So, you don't have the girl. Elizabeth doesn't have the girl. I don't have her. Mina led Mary to Australia and then ditched her on what I assume is a trip to see her sire. Sol is in the cold lands above Europe under the secretive queen's protection despite a blood hunt.

“Where's the little girl?”




[The Vampire’s Daughter: An ongoing vampire story. Copyright Reuben Gregg Brewer, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. All rights reserved.]

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home